Sunday, February 7, 2016

February Newsletter just posted with GREAT Fabric Finds!!!

February Newsletter

     I was in the LA Garment district last week, and found these that I would pass along!  100% cotton, 60" wide, and only $3.50 /yd!
I also found a great piece of fabric that is a remnant from the bolt that they used to make one of the costumes on Dancing With The Stars!  It is a powder blue, polyester, silky, and has a faint shimmer here and there.  There is only 2.75 yds, so I will only sell that as 1 piece.  
`I also have news about the OOP (out of production) scissors from DOVO for 2016.  See this and more in my February Newsletter that I just posted.

     I am going to be doing a S²titch Along (Smocking and Sewing), later this spring.  I will be using the double dot fabric that I posted before.  I will be pleating by hand, using the dots.

 
      For the Sewing part, using a basic yoke pattern, I am going to show you step-by-step how to alter the back of the dress to put a placket all of the way down the back, with some decorative touches.  I have a very full schedule the next couple of months with traveling, teaching and projects with deadlines, as well as a trip to the Boston area for one of my daughter's graduation, so I will not start to post anything until sometime in May!  Stay tuned.......

Until next time,
Happy Stitching,
Vaune
                                                                                    












 

No comments:

Post a Comment