Monday, June 30, 2014

Tah Dah! My New Toy!!!!

Here it is...........
My new Bernina 580




     Well, I have been talking long enough!!!  After much thought and deliberation, I have decided on the Bernina 580.  I did look at other brands.  Janome was a close 2nd, and I may still get a used one, just so I can become more familiar with their quirks, which will help me when I am teaching.

  •  I have a dealer that is close and supportive.
  • It is more computerized, which was one of the reasons that I decided to get a new machine.  Learning how to utilize this machine will help me to be a better teacher in my construction classes.
  • It has 11 needle positions, which is a must for me.
  • It has my favorite feet (and of course NONE of them come standard with the machine, but what can you do?!)
  • Long stitch - yes!!!! (I am doing a fist pump here).  I LOVE this stitch, and it is worth it to me to go to this model to make sure I have it.  No second guessing for me.
  • It does 'My' kind of sewing well.  Yes, it has wider feed dogs and feet, but I ordered the 5.5mm throat plate when I ordered the machine, so that will not be a problem
  • It will grow with me.  It does have an embroidery unit, although I probably won't use it for more than monogramming, at least right away.  If/When I do get into machine embroidery, this will keep me going for a while!
  • Has a knee lift, which is a plus.
  • Even though this was not a requirement, because it is a brand that I am familiar with, the learning curve will be a little shorter.
     All in all, even though it took me a while to make my decision, I am glad that I waited and was thorough in my research My machine has all of the things I was looking for, and then some.  I know that I can look forward to many hours of sewing and creating and exploring and learning on this!

     I hope this group of blogs has been helpful, especially if you are looking for a new machine.  No matter what brand you are looking at or end up with, this process is the same.


Happy Stitching!
Vaune 
P.S. (Perfectly Stitching)  We are still stitching away in Santa Barbara, enjoying each others company!  Hope you can join us sometime!


                                          Hills in Santa Barbara - one of our views.





                            A view of the ocean.  If you look hard,
                            you can see one of the Channel Islands
                            in the background. 








1 comment:

  1. YEA!!! I can't wait to hear more about your new machine as you and she become better friends. :)

    ReplyDelete