Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bloomin' Buttons

                       Bloomin' Buttons
                                in the new Sew Beautiful!
***Please note pattern information in the magazine is incorrect!***
The article lists the Princess pattern from Classic Couture for Children - it SHOULD be  Classic Sleeveless Yoke from Classic Couture for Children!  The pattern just got back from the printers yesterday, and kits are also available!



     I have not seen the magazine yet (seems like sometimes California is farther than China!), but wanted to post these pictures and the correct pattern info!


     She looks adorable and I can't wait to see the article.  It is hard to see from here, but there are embroidered buttons in the middle of the smocking design.
   
     I used the button maker to make the buttons after I had completed the embroidery on the fabric.  I sell a ton of these - they are a wonderful way to personalize your garments!


     I also used my button maker to make the butotns on the back of the dress.  I used the black gingham (that I used for the piping) to cover the buttons - no embroidery on these. 
     I have to say, I have always been hesitant about making my own buttons, but once I tried it, I am hooked,and it is not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be!
   
     Our house is in transition right now - one came home yesterday for 2 months, one is leaving tomorrow for the first time to go to college in Worcester, MA ( I am going with her for a few days), and another is leaving Tuesday to return to Boston U for her Jr. year.  Needless to say, my house is a mess and will probably be that way until I get back and can get a shovel and pick through all of the remains!  Hopefully, I will take a picture or two and post on my travels (I know there is a lovely fabric shop called The Silk Road Fine Fabrics, which is in Auburndale, MA - may have to hit that one again!).

     Let me know when you get your Sew Beautiful magazine - I know a few people who were having problems getting there last issue, so just a heads up that it should be in your mail box soon!

Happy Stitching,
Vaune




2 comments:

  1. This dress is so darling!! How much is the pattern and/or kit? I think that I had the pleasure of meeting you last year at your booth up in Irvine. I loved all of your beautiful dresses that were hanging within your booth. My friend and I talked with you for quite awhile on the last day of the show.... not that I expect you to remember. ;-) Anyway.. I would love to know your prices. Sincerely, Debbie Hays

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dress is just too cute. I'm going to have to stitch one up.

    ReplyDelete