Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Another Kind of Pleater!

                     Quick Pleater
          My new favorite notion...........

     In case you didn't know it, I am a notion nut!  I love to try new things, and who knows - I may find something better than sliced bread!  Sometimes in my quest, I find notions that I don't EVER want to buy again (see the iron cleaner in my March Newsletter that I just posted), but more often than not, I am please with how things turn out.
     I ran in to a new notion at a ETAC last fall and have fallen in love with these.  They are called Quick Pleaters and look like a 2 prong fork.

                                        Small Set - 1/2", 3/4", and 1"


                             Large Set - 2", 3", and 4".
                This set is used most often in home dec projects.

     The Quick Pleater makes 'quick' and easy work of making pleats, both knife pleats and box pleats, as you sit at your sewing machine!


     Take the Quick Pleater and put the fabric in the center of the fork.


                For knife pleats, lift the fabric with the QP.
 

 
                            Fold the fabric towards you.
 

     Remove the QP and stitch along the seam line to sew down the pleat. 


    Insert the QP in the fabric again, and fold up and over towards you.


     As you go stitch down the fabric, you creat a row of pleats!


     To make a box pleat instead of a knife pleat, just turn the QP away from you (toward the foot of the sewing machine).


     Once you have finished your pleats, press with a Rajah cloth to set them.


     Add your piping................

 
     Here is an exapmle of kife pleats....     


     Here is an example of a box pleat.........


     Attach the piped pleats to your garment for a finished look!  Here is a sample where there are knife pleats onthe left, a box pleat in the middle, and then kife pleats to the right.

If you want to try these, I have just posted them on my website:
www.vaune.com

Another notion to add to your collection!

Happy Stitching!
Vaune







     




      



No comments:

Post a Comment