Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Christmas in........January???

     It's not what your are thinking!



     As  I was winding up my decorations, and winding down from the Christmas holidays, an innocent little email appeared in my box.......introducing 2013 Christmas fabrics!  This, as I am shaking my head at all of the Valentine's decorations and candy that were on the shelf at the store, as I was picking though the Christmas clearance!


 
     Not that I am promoting the early arrival of Christmas - remember that if you are sewing Chritmas-themed things, you start planning in summer, even if you don't get around to sewing them until much later! 
     The big textile trade shows are right around the corner, where most of the shops will be placing their orders.  The LA Textile show is in a couple of weeks, at the end of February!
 


     I like the LA Textile Show - it is nice and convenient, almost in my own back yard!  It is only an hour away, with no traffic, and I get to see some of my vendors that I usually only talk on the phone with.  Unfortunately I will be in Puyallup at the Sewing and Stitchery Expo during the Textile Show this year, so I will miss the spring show.  Hopefully, I will be here in the fall!



     The Textile Show in Las Vegas is in March and I am hoping to make that one - not quite in my back yard, more like a hop, skip, and a jump!



     The new fabrics that are being shown now are for delivery in June-ish timeframe, plenty of time to see, think, and sew!  This line of fabrics is from Studio E.  One of the thinks that I really like about this line is the particular shade of red that they use.
 


     The reds are not too bright or too dark, but they are Just Right!  Along the lines of a 321 Red from DMC.  Many of the patterns come in white or red or black background and there is even a snow pattern, for a winter (instead of Christmas) look.

     Just thought I would give you a sneak at the fabrics to come!  I will post more of them as I see them!

I just got back from a stitching weekend in Santa Barbara - lovely as always!  Irene Thomas brought her doll show finds - I took some pictures and will post them later this week!


Happy Stitching!
Vaune
 






No comments:

Post a Comment