Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

            Happy Valentine's Day
                     to you all!

     I hope you all are enjoying Valentine's Day today!  I had a lovely pre-Valentine's Day present yesterday - a visit with Beverley Sheldrick!  She emailed me several weeks ago and let me know that she was going to have a long layover at LAX on the 13th, and if I wasn't busy...........!  I told her she couldn't see me, but that I was doing the happy dance on my end!  It has been a few years since I have seen her (she taught for our Santa Barbara Stitching Serenity the last time she was here in the States), so of course I was happy as a clam that I was going to get to see her. 
     She had been in Huntsville, teaching at the Martha Pullen School of Art Fashion.  The school was over Sunday, so she went to Atlanta for a couple of days with her friend, Toni, and then started her trip home yesterday.  I picked her up from the airport and then we went to Chalet Edelweiss for lunch.  We met up with Catherine Ljungquist, who was down here from the Bay area, along with Joanne Paine and Vicki Young, who are from the Sandcastle SAGA chapter.  We were just like a bunch of schoolgirls, chatting and enjoying our lunches!
     Once we parted company with them, we went to Starbucks for a latte and then next few hours seemed to fly by.  Isn't it wonderful how you can not see dear friends for months or years, but when you do see them, you can pick up right where you left off, just like it has only been a few days since you last saw them?  That is one of the things that I so enjoy about all of my stitching friends.  So many of you I see once a year - at SAGA convention, in Arlington at the Martha's market, at the Sewing and Stitchery Expo, etc. - and when I do see you, it is as if our last conversaion was last week!
     I took Beverley to the airport for her evening flight.  She was there in plenty of time to get settled.  Once the plane took off, she was going to eat her dinner and then go to sleep.  Her flight was 13 1/2 hours - she is a trooper!  I am so thankful that I got to see her.  She is as lovely and gracious as always - I told her I want to be her when I grow up!  She is home today - what a nice Valentine's Day for her - home again!


     I thought that I'd share this picture with you.  I pulled out my red pinstripe teaset (I usually have my pink set out) and used my heart shaped mini cake pans to make heart shaped brownies.  A Valentine's Day treat for my favorite little kids.  I can wait to be a Grandma, but when the time comes, boy am I going to have fun!


     I also just got this picture from one of my friends - I made this outfit for her granddaughter and it is perfect for Valentine's Day!

  I am off to run errands and I have an ASG meeting tonight.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Happy Stitching,
Vaune



No comments:

Post a Comment